Tuesday 10 February 2009

"Becoming You" Layout


This is just a little collage of all the details...




Here is the actual layout. I used the card that was put in my online scrap parcel as reinforcement, as the backing board! How's that for economizing? The white scallop bazzill was precut but I am keeping the other sheet to use as a template as it's much cheaper here to cut it yourself (half price actually...) Doodled the dots myself with a pink metallic milky (8 year old girls come in handy, lol!) & the floral paper is another freebie (came in one of last year's Scrapbooking magazines...) Heidi Swapp chipboard heart/wings & cheapie foil butterflies from one of my daughter's sticker sheets. Doodled the dotted line between them with my black fineliner pen.



When in doubt I find this trick quite handy - cut printed paper same size as photos - offset at an angle behind photo - tada! Even better - let photos/paper hang over edge of layout then flip over & slice off with a craft knife against a metal ruler. Stickers from Making Memories. Journalling by hand. Brads from Making Memories & chipboard flowers from my stash (Heart brads from Around the Block - we got them at the convention last year, remember, SA girls?) I sanded the paint off a bit & recoloured one of them as it was a garish shade originally. Metal book plate I have had FOREVER so was happy to use it at last & bits of offcut ribbon from stash (don't throw anything away,lol!) Just love the photos - edited in Picasa using GLOW function to give Chelsea that angelic, ethereal look.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen. You don't no me but I think you layouts are gorgeous. I to am like you a complete scrap booking addict. I would not change it for anything but to try and work within a budget. Ha ha ha ha.

Jenny in Durbs said...

Absolutely fabulous.