Tuesday 10 February 2009

Chatterbox Eclectique Mini Album


Just a teaser for today....




Above is the front cover of the mini-album I made Shane for his birthday yesterday. I stuck on the photo, self-adhesive paper ribbon, stickers & chipboard flower then varnished over the top to seal everything & make it more hard-wearing. I used matte varnish. The black & white print & the yellow flocked border is how the cover came before I started playing around with it.





This is the back of the album. It could be left plain but I find any surface hard to resist embellishing, lol! I used 7 gypsies stickers & the alphas are DCWV. Same story. Stuck it on & varnished it. Not that happy with the varnishing as you can see the lines a bit. Next time maybe I should try Dimensional Glaze, although, for such a large area, that would work out pretty expensive. Any ideas? I think it needs something to seal it, don't you?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jenny in Durbs said...

It looks great, I must admit I have never varnished mine but I think its a better idea as the covers take most of the wear & tear.

Jenny said...

Looks good - what about PVA glue?

Jessica said...

Very cool album ... I'm not sure about the varnishing. I agree that it lasts longer, but not too much longer ... it still wears down.
I'm actually a fan of texture, so the lines never bothered me.