Wednesday 2 September 2009

Throwing some light on the subject...




I found this over at Lynette's today & thought it would make for a quick & easy post. Now that I am looking at it however, I am not coming to too many easy conclusions!

  1. How long have you been blogging? Just shy of a year.

  2. Why did you start blogging? I first started blogging because I wanted a new adventure in my life. I had heard the American scrapbooking instructors talk excitedly about their blogs at the previous two scrappy conventions & I thought "if they can do it so can I", although I didn't actually even know what a blog was or what I was supposed to do on or with it.

  3. What have you found to be the benefits of blogging? The benefits are amazing. I have made some truly wonderful friends & acquaintances, some of whom I have had the absolute pleasure of becoming "real-life" friends with too. I have also learnt an incredible amount about other cultures & lifestyles & my geography, time-zone knowledge & currency exchange rate conversions have improved no end! Scrappy-wise I have improved a hundred fold in my opinion, since my world opened up so much & I got to see all the different styles of scrapbooking around the world. This really helped me identify what appealled to me & helped me follow that direction & hence gain more of my own "true style".

  4. How many times a week do you post an entry? I aim to post a few times a week & often manage 6 entries a week. I have so much to share!

  5. How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis? Close on a hundred I would say. It's exhausting but exhilarating! I have to give myself a time limit or I would literally stay up ALL night...so often I don't get to a blog for weeks...but then I do my best to catch up. As for my bloggy friends...they are on the top of my list & I pop in daily if at all possible. And, yes, I do believe in gratuitous commenting...it's part of friendship. One can't just have selective hearing!

  6. Do you comment on other people’s blogs? I comment a lot. Far more than the comments I receive. I just love to encourage others & acknowledge their achievements. I genuinely believe that it is better to give than to receive & it brings me joy to do it even though I eventually give up on blogs that just don't reciprocate. I can take a hint!

  7. Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? Yes, I have a Sitemeter installed that is truly amazing. It is free & sends me my stats weekly on a Saturday. I thoroughly recommend it.

  8. If so, are you satisfied with your numbers? I am quite pleased with my numbers considering that I haven't been blogging that long really. However, that said, I am a very conscientious blogger & work very hard at finding & maintaining mutually beneficial cyber relationships & trying my best to write inspiring posts with lots of tips & tricks.

  9. Do you ever regret a post that you wrote? Occassionally I feel a twinge...but no, not really. I call a spade a spade & like that I have the guts to say things that I think a lot of people think but don't have the courage to speak out about. I have written some negative posts in the past, which I don't regret, but I rarely go into too much detail about my misery these days because I find it only serves to make me more miserable to be honest. I also try not to discuss extended-family issues although I don't think any of them bother reading my blog in any case!

  10. Do you think your audience has a true sense of who you are based on your blog? I think so - that is the idea - I am honest & have tried to develop an easy writing style.

  11. Do you blog under your real name? I do, and despite all the hype am very happy to do so. I can't bear blogs without full profiles, etc...although I do understand that for some people this is necessary due to their line of work, etc. If I am really drawn to a blog with an obviously made-up name & no profile photograph I always e mail the owner to ask their real names & they tell me! If they didn't have an e mail address or didn't respond I wouldn't follow them, but so far that has never happened.

  12. Are there topics that you would never blog about? Definitely. My blog is very subject specific & certain issues are private.

  13. What is the theme/topic of your blog? I want my blog to showcase my scrapbooking layouts, thoughts & endeavours, although I do put in personal photographs & details as it's all part & parcel of good record-keeping.

  14. Do you have more than one blog? If so, why? Yes. I have a blog called Experimentia which {I think} I made private. I go in there occassionally to test out new templates & gadgets before applying them to Scrap Addict. I am about to embark on a new completely private {just for me} blog too as I find my memory is giving up on me & also because I want to be able to record "the bad stuff" & "the private stuff" too!

  15. Have you ever deleted a comment from your blog? Yes, I once recieved a venomous comment {& have a pretty good idea who it came from too...} that had no place on my blog. It's my blog & it's not for anything nasty so try again & off you go!
Phew! That was harder than I imagined! I just wish it was easier to convert people to blogging. I know so many people who would really benefit from it but most people that I tell just say "Huh? What's a blog?" & I won't even tell you how they respond when I tell them...suffice to say they think you are all closet serial killers in disguise...


4 comments:

topkatnz said...

mwhahaha! maybe I am? but you've gotta give me props for the lengths that I am willing to go to - ie. inventing a whole family unit, tracking them from birth with sequential photos, living with them and all, joining a gym, creating fake friends, and then having photos with them, and taking the time to scrapbook it all, etc - ALL just to ensnare you!!ROFLMAO phew! no wonder I'm tired!(p.s. did I mention buying copious amounts of Prima goodies just to torture you?!lol)

Lynette Jacobs said...

Thanks for sharing so much honesty...glad you are a scrapper/blogger:)

CathQuillScrap said...

I also saw this post... and aim to do it soon soon.... nice to read a bit more about your "why".

Jacqui said...

Glad that all that good out weighs the tiny little bit of bad. Hope you have many more years of happy blogging ahead and that one day soon you can get to meet some of your special new bloggy friends!