Monday 15 February 2010

Monday's Musings...






IF I COULD I would fly out of South Africa with my daughters, for the month of the FIFA world cup {June/July} to somewhere like Mauritius, & just chill away from the madding crowd...{My boys are too football crazy to want to join me...}

IN MY KITCHEN CUPBOARD there is plenty of Nestle Unsweetened Cappucino powder {for me}, microwave popcorn {Cami's staple diet}, baked beans {DH's fave} & Mazoe Orange! At last I have found Mazoe Orange {Zimbabwe's best - and probably only by now - export} so I am hoarding it in case it disappears off the shelves again soon. If you see it buy it - it's the best juice/cordial in the world. Beats Oros hands down truth be told...

ON MY DESK...oh my...there's a lot there...newspaper cuttings to do with garden sheds, cupboard fitters, awning installers, some fab new Cocoa Daisy goodness & my latest completed layout {still to show y'all!}

IMAGE IN MY HEAD...my new scrapspace {busy designing it right now} - ALL WHITE - need a blank canvas you know...but I have plenty of colourful accessories so don't you worry...

IN THE MIDDLE OF MY TO DO LIST...I am ALWAYS in the middle of my to do list. I've graduated from a notebook to the "Notes" in my cell phone & update my list daily, deleting what I've achieved & adding what needs to be added! Works for me...

I AM DREADING...the movers arriving. My teak dining-room table still bears the scars from it's last ordeal...


RIGHT NOW I WANT to get everything done so we are ready to move in to our new home, then enjoy a Savannah Light {cider} on my new deck while watching the sun set over the Indian Ocean.

I THINK far too much...but am learning not to worry about the small stuff...and the inexplicable stuff...

GOING TO...enjoy Chinese Takeaways for dinner tonight. Yes I am still {supposed to be} "on diet" but I can't take another evening cooking in this humidity!


Yum, yum!!!





8 comments:

Shayne said...

i've given up cooking in this heat too - we've had snacky dinners fo rthe last who knows how long.

you are sounding so excited about your new house and move.

Stefanie said...

Shame sorry you guys are having such a torrid time of the weather, we have had the coolest summer that I can ever remember.
Glad you're looking forward to enjoying the new place. It will be all that and more.

topkatnz said...

Life is just one big 'to do' list!LOL

Lynette Jacobs said...

Yup...you sure have lots on your plate at the moment...I hope it all comes together perfectly.

Ella Swan said...

Haha...we've had more take-aways than I can remember too! Re: the weather - it POURED last night, which should have been a good thing, but the ONE leak in our bedroom turned into EIGHT so it was a disaster!!! 3 leaks over my scrappy desk ;-(...

Pearl said...

that's great you have Chinese take away there too ! what's on the menu ?

tania said...

oh gosh!! your scrappiness under the water!!
great relaxed post, i love nestle cappucino:)

Jessy Christopher said...

It's always great to stop by ur blog. I love reading your updates!! Woo Hoo for Chinese food!! Btw, I can speak Cantonese & understand 3-4 Chinese dialects :)