Tuesday 1 June 2010

A Post a Day!





That's what I've decided. Long may this resolve last! Even if I have nothing to say I'm determined to bore you all...just to get back onto the blogging swing, so feel free to ignore me if you like.

Scrappy room sorting in progress. Have located the new envelopes {good news for Tania ;-D}. Still looking for the old ones {bad news for Shayne}. Don't panic - will locate them soon! {Have some scrappy goodies to send these 2 girls you see...} Have called "Time Out" on Cocoa Daisy for now due to lack of interest - nah, not really, just difficult to keep the kit club going over a year on & "Change is Good". Think a lot of us are just feeling a bit "stuck in a rut" & wanting to do things differently for a bit. I for one never need any scrappy supplies ever again! Of course what I WANT, now that is a different matter altogether...

I've also decided to take a rain check on Journaling Junkies for now - love it as I do. This year has been so much about HAVING to do things, that I'd like the rest of it {hopefully} to be less structured & more spontaneous. I have visitors arriving for 3 weeks in July. They did ask & I didn't say no so I have only myself to blame for the lengthly stay. I am not opposed to visitors at all. In fact I rather enjoy having visitors, but during the term time there is simply no time to enjoy anyone's company as having kids at 3 different schools & spread between grade 5 & Matric means that I spend the bulk of my days in the car. No school buses passing by our doorways here I'm afraid.

Having guests is an incentive to get "everything" finished around the house & garden though - so that's what I'll be up to until they arrive then I will have extra shopping, catering, washing, ironing & washing up to handle. Hope Mercy & I can keep up with it all {& Camryn & Reilly can sleep well enough - on the floor - to concentrate on their studies the next day}...We have no extra space - that is my main concern. No matter how considerate & well-behaved any guest may be three weeks is an inordinately long time for 6 people to share a bathroom & the like, nee?

A little gem from my 12 year old had me laughing out loud yesterday. His headmaster {during assembly} asked if anyone knew what the English Channel was & he put up his hand to answer. Luckily he wasn't chosen...because it is NOT no. 120!!! {BBC Prime} ;-D



9 comments:

Stefanie said...

I think it's great that you're trying to blog everyday.
Welcome back.

tania said...

I'll take you up on the post a day! I lost my swing, so you just got me in the mood!! Can't wait for my parcel to arrive, I will miss this though, but will get something else from you!!
Good luck with the visitor's,3 weeks is a long time.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Glad you're back...post a day! My, my you have some mojo going there...mine is missing AGAIN!

3 Weeks is a long time to have visitors...hope it doesn't wear after a while;-D

Bernadine said...

I had to chuckle at my niece, Hannah. She told everyone that her big brothers are coming to visit meantime they are her cousins - who just happen to be 19!!! Sometime's they are just to precious. So glad to have you back. :)

Diana said...

Yay! You're back! I really missed you!
Look forward to reading your daily updates.
3 weeks for houseguests without a dedicated guest "suite"? NO WAY JOSE!
Totally understand about not wanting to "have to" do stuff. This is why I am uninterested in joining any design team. I don't want ever to "have to" scrap unless I want to.
I was also thinking of quitting Studio Calico--I also will never NEED stash again--and was getting a bit bored. BUT then suddenly their kits got amazing. So so amazing and now I am totally in love with them, more than I ever was before, and this is after subscribing for over a year!
Go figure!

Vicki said...

We are not good with house guests in our house no matter how long they stay. LOL. Sure is an incentive to get everything finished though. LOL

topkatnz said...

ROFL - what do you mean, 3weeks is nothing H!heehee. I'm sure you'll make it thru - as you said, not much time to see them anyways. Good on you for getting back into the swing of blogging - I find that it comes and goes in waves, but the more you chat, the more you want to. Welcome back. BTW - How are the kids liking the new place?

Ella Swan said...

Why don't we all try to do a post a day for June if poss?! Like LOAD {Layout a day} Diana - POAD {Post a day!} - surely that is bound to lead to some mojo increase Lynette! I don't ever invite visitors because we never have enough room even for the 6 of us - the house we always need is always half a million rand beyond our price bracket. This one we are in now is very neat & well-maintained which meant we sacrificed even more space for that, rather than getting a bigger place in a state of disrepair that would not only have to be customised to suit our needs but would also have to be cleaned up & repaired a lot. I was put on the spot when I was out & about driving on the highway with 2 kids in the car & they needed an answer straight away to make use of an airline special offerso I said SURE when what I should have said was "Sure, but let's keep it to a week because more than that will be impractical for yYOU & for the kids, all having to share one bathroom & with 4 kids having to share 2 bedrooms so you can be in theirs {& 2 kids having to sleep on the floor} but I didn't. They are also vehicle-less & unable to afford a hire car so I hope they will be content to enjoy our verandah & lounge! I treasure the quiet before the kids get home later on & have visions of the TV blaring...oh dear...

I am off to check out the SC kits Diana - you are making me jealous now girl! I think I've just had too much of a good thing with CD, as has everyone else, also the postage is inordinately slow to here {not that any other kit club would be any faster I'm sure} but the kits only go out between the 8th - 12th so the whole process is already a week or two out from when we pay & I think it gets everyone impatient. It's ok for me but I then send on to other provinces & it all takes it's time. I need to discover my "first love" for scrapping again...it's got lost along the way in silly cat-fights over competitions & lists of requirements for this & that, now I am just trying to get my little room prepared for some real THERAPY for ME ONLY! Heidi the kids are all in 7th Heaven here. We have just bought a b ig flat-screen TV & PVR decoder for the first time ever & as it's winter here now they are enjoying our lovely big lounge & turning square eyed!

Shayne said...

3 weeks with houseguests is a long time - at least I have a cottage where they can do their own thing!

I have also resigned from JJ - too many pressures right now and the topics are not what i would usually scrap, therefore my normal scrapping goes out of the window in favour of JJ, which isn't great. S was great about it tho!