Thursday 17 June 2010

Waka Waka {This time for Africa}




World Cup Football Fever has hit Durbs well & truly & it is so nice to have such a holiday vibe all around in the middle of the year - and in the middle of winter too! Yesterday Chelsea & I dropped DH & the other 3 kids at our stadium, Moses Mabhida, where they watched Spain/Switzerland. {We can't watch all the matches together because ticket sales were limited to 4 max per match} Chelsea & I headed off to Gateway {shopping haven} & who should we meet along the back roads? None other than the cavalcade of police vehicles, ambulances & both team buses. AWEsome!!!
Oh my, I am SUCH a groupie...I nearly crashed the car lol!!! Good thing I didn't have my camera on me or I definitely would have crashed!

We had a great time at Gates while the rest of the family was at the match, mostly because of all the adrenalin pumping through our veins from seeing Fernando Torres in the flesh ;-D Finally I bought some new pc speakers {mine have been broken for months} & when I got home I had my own little fan fest right here with You Tube, listening to all the World Cup songs {from the Kick-Off concert} while I spent hours sorting out my scraproom.

Just had to share this with y'all. Even if you are not a serious Shakira fan {I wasn't} you've got to hand it to the girl for this outstanding performance - plus the song is really catchy too! Enjoy...

The recording is disabled by request but just click "Watch on You Tube" & it'll click straight through. Still giving me goosebumps...



4 comments:

Vicki said...

That Spain/Swiss game was definitely a good one and a bit of an upset. Didn't see the family in the crowd though!! LOL

Diana said...

I'm so glad you posted this because I hadn't seen it and I wouldn't have gotten around to looking for it. I like the song a lot and Shakira looks amazing, and she can sure dance.

Shayne said...

Oh you are so funny. Glad to hear you're still in one piece after that episode!

Happy weekend Helen! Oh,yes, did receive my goodies thank you - but you really didn't need to send all the envelopes back!

Ella Swan said...

Oooh I see Shakira herself has commented LOL...now you see why I have to up my security settings! Did you see us yesterday Vicki?! We were also at the Netherlands/Japan match. Lots of good pics to come. Just busy in Picasa making all the collages lol...