Wednesday 2 June 2010

Welcome to my Boudoir...



Okay, I do realise it's not the room you are all interested in { ;-D !!!} but anyhoo...

Am busy working on THE room {my scraproom} but don't have enough time to devote myself to it fully right now. I am working on our reno budget & immersed in paperwork at present, filing receipts & the like, & doing recons...sooooo not my strongpoint! I had an appointment with the electrician today {to finish off our electrical work} & guess what? Surprise, surprise...no show...again...He ASSURES me he will be here Friday {just as he assured me he would be here today} so no holding my breath there in case I kill myself! {doesn't seem like such a bad idea at times believe me...}

WHITE all the way in our main bedroom. Just as my preference these days is for white bazzill I decided I wanted to retire {& wake up to} a clean canvas night & day. Loving it girls... Above are my curtains - white voile complete with embroidered lily print. Eat your hearts out...

Okay, well maybe not white ALL the way...we have this mini-passage leading to our bedroom {but within our bedroom door} & I painted this accent wall chocolate brown {Plascon Jericho Brown to be exact}. My plan is to hang recent photographs in white frames there. I have painted all my old picture frames white - to unify them - {& removed all the old photos from them} but am still left with the printing of the new ones & the hanging of the frames.

We had a horrible old fan-light in our bedroom so I had it removed, gave it away & took this one {which was in the hall - which is now converted into my scraproom} painted it white {Plascon Velvaglo} & relocated to the bedroom. It was black before. This looks sooooo much better! I really wanted a chandelier but our budget didn't stretch that far...

Bought this rather rustic pine TV unit from the previous owner & painted this white too {Plascon Velvaglo again...} Actually did a pretty bad job of it because I never sanded first (because it wasn't varnished at all so I thought I could get away with skipping that} & the paint is already chipping off...drat! HOWEVER, I'm thinking maybe I'll grab some sandpaper & INTENTIONALLY sand off parts to give it that beaten-up look. What dya reckon?

Our bed - all white linen {a nightmare to keep clean as suspected & my maid is not thanking me for it ;-D}. All linen purchased, very reasonably priced I might add, at Mr. Price Home. (Bar some extra Oxford pillowcases bought from Boardmans - because we are greedy & need NINE pillows on our bed!} 3 each & 3 in the middle. A little excessive I know, but it is a kingsize bed (needed as DH is 6ft4') & sleeps diagonally across it!

As you can see a certain someone is really enjoying her newfound luxury!!!



14 comments:

Andrea said...

What a lovely lovely room.....would never work in my house thanks to 22 month old Nicholas....but I dream of it one day. LOVE the chocolate wall and can't wait to see what it looks like with all the frames on it.
xxx
A

Shayne said...

Gorgeous. Love the white. I too have all white & all cream and no cats allowed!

The beauty of it is that you can add some colour accents if you tire of it, without spending too much!

tania said...

So beautiful! You have done a great job in decorating.

Bernadine said...

I love your white linen. I still have curtains hanging in my room that my sister gave to me in 1996 and I am so loath to get rid of them even though they are fading!!!! Don't look that bad though.

Ella Swan said...

Thanks girls! Andrea I've wanted white for so long & my youngest turns 10 this month. With my eldest now 17 I thought I better get on with it & have some years to enjoy it before I have grandkids! Shayne, I love having kitties snuggling in the night - fortunately the one who favours our bed is very much an indoor cat so no muddy paws! Thanks Tania, have kept it simple but the photographs in frames should finish it off nicely. Bernie - I definitely think it's time for an upgrade girl! Measure up & you may find you can buy them ready-made, which would save you a fortune! These are my first ever made-to-measure curtains. What a treat & not a day goes by that don't think "Wow!"

Diana said...

I love all white, especially bedding. In the tropics it's so soothing... .
I enjoyed each and every word of each and every comment you left for me. It made my day. I went back to look at each LO after you commented on it.
I'm so glad you're back in internet-land!

topkatnz said...

Looks lovely - must be lovely to wake up in. I love going white in the bedroom in summer, but snuggly browns for the winter months. Haha - cats always find the best sleeping spots.

Charmaine T said...

OOOO so nice the white..... But, my hubby works with oil everyday and that would soooo not work by me....

Maybe one day! I love that chocolate wall.... looks good enough to eat!!!!!!

Charmaine T said...

Oh yes, why don't you make your own chandelier? You have the basics and the flair.... Just add some beads and wire?????

You are arty and I just know you can come up with something!

Stefanie said...

So far so good, I would also love to have white bedding but with 16 kitty paws traipsing all over it, that won't be any time soon.

Ella Swan said...

Thanks Diana! It's the right thing for us at this time & a long-yearned for wish finally fulfilled. Heidi I agree it's feeling a bit stark now that it is so chilly here but I do have my one brown wall to focus on! Yes Charmaine, I think the wall explains why I've put 2kgs back on ;-( I have thought about adding bits & bobs to the light fitting & may do just that at a later stage. Main reason I haven't done it yet is our local bead shop moved out a few months ago but when I come across another one will definitely take a look see & see if I can hang some cystal teardrops, etc {not real Crystal of course...}

CathQuillScrap said...

Love your new room... I definitely think you should sand your cupboard and then leave it rustic looking... a friend of mine did that to all her stuff and it looks gorgeous... not so dull and flat.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Love the white and brown...so fresh!

Jessy Christopher said...

Oh wow!! I seriously love the white, such beautiful choice of furnitures!! It's great to see you blog again :)