Sunday 15 May 2011

YOU warm my heart - aka The Longest 24 hours in History!

**just me waffling...feel free to skip if you are here for visual inspiration - that is coming shortly!**

Oh my goodness, how awful was that?!  +-24 hours without Blogger ?!? - It felt like one of my children was in intensive care - all the worrying..."is my blog going to be lost in cyberspace???" - blah, blah, blah... Pheeeeew - relief just doesn't seem like a powerful enough word to describe how I felt when everything was restored to normal! 

When you think of all the time , effort & care with which we have all grown our blogs & the wonderful resource pool that has resulted - the mind boggles at the thought that a virus may attack their system one day...  Anyway, all's well that ends well & poor old Blogger do an absolutely FANTASTIC job for FREE so giving them 24hours to work on repairing a glitch is hardly too much to ask.

Just BTW I did look into the Blogger issue on Blogger Help & it was no more than the engineers repairing a faulty gadget (the "recent posts" one) that some of you may have in your sidebars.  I don't have it as I try to keep my gadgets to a minimum so that my blog will load nice & fast.  I have read about people losing all their posts from the 11th onwards - fortunately I didn't experience anything like that & everything is still here.

I did kind of lose momentum with Blogger being down though...I couldn't get onto any personal blogs because I didn't know any of your addresses... you see I have you on "speed dial" within my private "launch pad" blog - which I couldn't get into...grrr.....not that I could have commented anyway...then the weekend came & I had all kinds of plans to take part in the Cocoa Daisy Crop as well as the My Scrapbook Nook one, and I didn't take part in any!!




Last week I worked like a Trojan & come Friday evening I was hit by a wave of exhaustion!  On Saturday, having been on my feet for so much of last week,  I decided to stay in bed with my electric blanket on, on my husband's laptop rather than coming into my studio to browse on my pc...You all know the comment box wouldn't open right???  So now I have a lot of commenting to catch up on, but will do that this coming week as I have blog posts that need to go up & challenges that need to be sent in tonight.

I don't "burble" a lot here - don't have the time to write it & you don't have the time to read it - and I KNOW that I risk sounding sooo boring saying this again, but "thanks guys" for your visits, for your constant encouragement, for your interest, affirmations, etc, etc...I was feeling really de-motivated this weekend as cyberspace was so inactive due to Blogger being down.

I couldn't chat to you & you couldn't chat to me - AND IT REALLY AFFECTED ME...

I guess that "non-internety" people would find that quite pathetic, but truthfully the community of scrapbookers online is one seriously awesome achievement, and you & I are an integral part of it, and I am PROUD of that (even though I don't discuss my blog with anyone who doesn't have one - most people I know! - because it's such an undermined & misunderstood occupation) . 

I went off to watch a movie tonight & came back to 11 comments waiting for moderation.
There is no feeling quite like that in the world!  You warmed my heart  Put me back on to the top of my world!!  I was feeling pretty down this weekend (for various different reasons) & you girls lifted me back up :)  Thanks girls!!!

7 comments:

Diana said...

I must have just missed the blogger meltdown. I put up a post Friday afternoon and everything was fine. I don't tell anyone much about my blog either. They'd think I was wacko. Oh well... .

Mel said...

Absolutely know what you are talking about, when blogger went down for 2 days here I had been having problems with my computer at the same time, and couldn't get into your blog, but trust Mr. computer man came yesterday....bless him and bye bye $100 lol....and fixed it up, it wasn't just your blog but a few others and had something to do with the size of the blog? all fixed and I love getting my great comments too and love how you said worked like a TROJAN, that is a saying I have been brought up with, now to catch up on all your posts. Love Melxxx

Lisa Amiet said...

Missed you too my lovely!!! now just need you to upload some gooness so I can get my Helen fix for the day!! hehe Glad to hear you got a rest, hope you have a lovely week xoxo

Leanne J said...

woohooo.. i think it most definately WAS the worst 24hours EVER.. i hated it as much as you..not only getting to check out some favs for some inspiration..but MISSING reading the comments people were leavin me..coz i LOVE that part.. oh well.. super glad its back.. happy days.
lots of sugar..lj

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Yeah Helen, I was not online that much on weekend but I know something went wrong when I checked my blog. My last post was not there. I guess you managed to see and comment on the post if you remember ;) But I do not have the recent post gadget either :(

Chloe said...

Bogger meltdown was horrible!!! I lost one post (and all the comments :-( ) grrr!!!! Anyway, we are sooooo glad it's working again ;-) take care!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

OH that was a nearly 30 hours break down, I was planning to make a last minute trip to Singapore and thought I want to get all 10 days of work done before I leave and here come the break down, you can see how I panic and check my blog every hour even in the middle of the night, *sigh...