Thursday 4 August 2011

Bird is the Word DREAM Layout






Hi there!  Hope your week is shaping up!!  Oops...it's almost over already :)  Well I am doing my best to keep up with the blogging this week as I have tonnes to post & I really need to take control of the situation & get everything up this month.  My policy used to be to visit all my commenters BEFORE posting again but I just can't sustain that right now or my posts become too far apart & that's what's holding me back, SO...I will visit all my peeps...I still love your blogs & am inspired by you all regularly...but it can't be a daily thing anymore...not right now anyway... hopefully tomorrow evening can be a "laptop in the bed" night & I can catch up with all my blog reading!


Every second Sunday there is a new WORD reveal up at Bird is the Word - this Sunday past the word was DREAM.  You can visit the BITW blog here & have a look at the inspirational Design Team Reveal.  It will give you lots of different ideas on how to use the same word.

Of course DREAMS, DREAMED and DREAMING are also acceptable!
What you are required to do for this challenge is to create a layout, card or off-the-page/altered art project using the word DREAM {or one of the derivatives of the word DREAM mentioned above}.

You have FOUR WHOLE WEEKS to complete your project & load it in our sidebar using the Inlinkz tool under the correct word DREAM.
(as there are always 2 challenges running concurrently as we reveal a new word here every fortnight).
At the end of the challenge our Design Team will vote for their top 5 layouts & the winner & 4 featured projects will be displayed here, together with links to their respective blogs.

The winner will receive a complete Tidbitz in Time kit of their choice, posted anywhere in the world, while the winner & 4 finalists will all be entitled to display a "Bird is the Word - Featured Winner" badge on their blogs, that will be supplied here when the winners are announced.

As an additional benefit there is also a lovely original sketch by Nadia Cannizzo IF you would like to use it - it is completely OPTIONAL & just there to assist you if you need it...



So I had these photos of Cami all dolled up for her Singing Show in June, waiting to be scrapped, and they called for rather a dramatic layout to match those blood-red lips!


I discovered this lovely crackle-look paper on the reverse side of some awful no-name brand paper that I purchased in a moment of madness a few years ago.  I am trying to sort through my {cough cough...extensive...} stash so that I can bid some of it a {not so} fond farewell...hopefully...as I have someone interested in perhaps purchasing some of my neglected stash.  Very appealing but the TIME it takes to sort through it all is proving difficult to find :)


I went for a very dark red cardstock punched with my favourite giant sunburst flower punch from Martha Stewart.  I am delighted to inform you too that I have the vine punch heading my way AT LONG LAST as even I am getting tired of this {delightful} design, so hopefully you'll see me mixing things up soon!


As Cami's passion at the moment is singing she is currently persuing that dream & doing very well for herself with it.  Hence the use of the music notes in the background.  

For my embellishing I simply clustered miscellaneous flowers, leaves, bling, brads & flourishes up the sides & at the bottom of the photos.

For my title I used a K & Co. wood title that I dressed up with ink & stickles & used some sparkly organza behind it ruffled up to form a border.  I was inspired to use the organza as the stage outfits Cami wears for her dancing are usually glitzy & she loves the whole "dress-up" aspect.

For a twist on the journaling I measured across the top of the photos & printed out 3 sentiments then added them along the top edge of the photos so that the journaling did not interfere with the otherwise formal design of my page.

SUPPLIES LIST:-

Crackle-effect paper - Timeless Romance "Topiary" {Reverse side}
Music Note paper - Penny Black "Music"
Deep red cardstock - Coredinations
Bling Flourishes - Prima {split up}
Flowers - Prima
Bling flowers - Prima
Bling diamantes - Prima
Pebble - Prima
Leaves - LSS
Embroidered brads - Basic Grey "Origins"
Organza - Local Fabric Store
Wooden word sentiment - K & Co.
Deep Red Ink - Colourbox
Bronze Ink - Versa Colour
Stickles - Ranger - Platinum & Clear
Black alphas - Stationer
Giant red bling - Chatterbox
Giant starburst flower punch - Martha Stewart
Computer font - Almeria

So come join us this month with your DREAM layouts.

There are still 9 DAYS LEFT to get in your TODAY layouts there too!!

HAPPY SCRAPPY WEEKEND!





16 comments:

Diana said...

fabulous!

dstandard said...

Beautiful page and beautiful girl!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooooooo BEAUTIFUL Helen! I loveeeeeeeeeee those photos, the crackled background and loveeeeeeee all the flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Rachael Funnell said...

Another Stunning Creation by the Very Talented Helen!!!
I really loving the colors here & those photos are just gorgeous.....
I Soooo hear you on the leaving love on every post for everyone, Sometimes time isn't their, or I just seem to miss 1....
Enjoy your Weekend!
xx

Jasmine S said...

This is just so vibrant and beautiful. The photos are gorgeous and I love the border and the journaling above the pics. What a beautiful page.

Mitralee said...

Oh my!! You have outdone yourself!!

sandi said...

Wow Helen this is really nice! I love the crackled background paper. The journaling on the pics really captures your eye! That's great that your little sweetie likes to sing!

topkatnz said...

You are getting very arty with your layouts these days and your photo editing. Looking great:) BTW - I am seeing that large border punch used a bit these days and it is very cool!

Bellaidea said...

ohh Helen, you are SO good and still getting SO better!Another great layout and another nice post to read!

Bellaidea said...

There is so many blogs I can not comment on so I`m glead I could do it 4 you :)

Marelize said...

Beautiful layout Helen and your DD is gorgeous!
Hope you have a great weekend! :)

Kerryn said...

There are not enough hours in the day to fit everything in are there? I have not been through my Google reader properly for close to a week now. Slowly slowly working my way through.

This is a gorgeous page Helen! The photos of your daughter are just gorgeous!!! TFS

scrapbookertink said...

Gorgeous pics of your DD, what a stunning layout love the red, I remember when DS was into the whole acting thing and even got called back for 2nd casting for the part of Artful Dodger when Oliver was casting over here, he sadly didn't get it and then a few month later gave it all up LOL! Don't stress out about blogging, if you don't have time it is no big deal life is to short and you need to have time for you and family, tks for your help on uploading multiple pics at a time I will give that a go next time. Have a fantastic weekend and try and RELAX and Chill time for just you x.

Heather Jacob said...

absolutely gorgeous ... love all of this Helen.. you are super amazing .. hope you are feeling better ?? big hugz x

Unknown said...

Really really STUNNING Helen!!! The punch work and those gorgeous colours and photos looks amazing and who you have know that that background paper was an oldie...it looks amazing!! before I read that it was paper I thought you created the crackle look! lol!! I love it when older papers come back to life :)) Take care xx

Eila Sandberg said...

And what a gorgeous page it is Helen! love all the wonderful red and the crackle paper is really fab. Cami all made-up shows a glint of what she'll look as a young adult, totally ravishing just like Chelsea! xxxx