Monday 31 October 2011

Purple Pumpkin October Sketch {Bountiful Girl Layout}




I was rather impressed with myself managing to 
get all my DT assignments completed before the 
weekend which meant I had time to PLAY 
yesterday and get this another layout done!
I really had a scrapbooking itch to scratch and 
was looking for something EASY and APPEALING 
- the stress-free variety of scrapbooking!


I had these lovely photos sitting on my desk and 
realised that they would work perfectly with this 
month's delightfully simple sketch from Purple Pumpkin. 

*** I placed my first order with Purple Pumpkin a 
couple of weeks ago but it hasn't yet arrived so I 
couldn't include any Purple Pumpkin
yumminess on my page this time!***


I keep seeing all these gorgeous Fall layouts 
online and, being in the Southern Hemisphere 
it is not Fall for us here, but rather Spring.
I NEVER have any Fall photos to scrap 
because we don't have any Autumn at all, 
well not one with a noticeable change in the trees!



I am able to buy these beautiful skeleton leaves 
locally and cheaply so I tried to create a 
"Fall Looking" layout with a big cluster of them, 
mixed together with a big bunch of flowers, 
to indicate a "Bountiful Bouquet" to match my
youngest daughter's "BIG" personality!


Now that my printer is back I am now hooked 
on hand-writing on my layouts :)
So I guess my printer breaking down was a Kismet 
- a blessing in disguise!


 I do need it though as I print my all my own 
photos so I am still very happy to have it back!

----------------------------------------------------------

Supplies List for "Bountiful Girl" Layout

Floral paper - Crate Paper Neighborhood - Garden
Pink Paper - Crate Paper Cottage Collection - Coco
Yellow print & reverse-side (blue dot) - Crate Paper - 
Neighborhood Collection - Together
Red/Pink Spot Print - Crate Paper Neighborhood 
Collection - Visit
Punch - EK Success 
Alphas - Pink Paislee "Fascinating"
Gesso - Paper Plus
Red-framed sticker & yellow paper-clip - 
Making Memories Vintage Findings
Lace-flower & other - Prima
Felt flower - Chatterbox
Roses & skeleton leaves - LSS
Journaling Pen - Creative Memories





21 comments:

yyam said...

This is just beautiful Helen! Awesome burst of colours! And I just love the cluster of blooms! :)

Jasmine S said...

It is just beautiful. I love the mix of colors and papers. The flowers are divine and the first thing I noticed was the handwritten journaling and love how you have written over the gesso. Your hand writing is so lovely, forget about the printer for a lot longer.
Oh, and the leaves are perfect too, as are those gorgeous pics.

Evgenia Petzer said...

love this! really nice combination of colors!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooooooooooo GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the photos, the colors and love love love love those flowers!! And ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I ABSOLUTELY loveeeeee your handwriting! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Tina said...

This is stunning! Perfect compliment of colors and design.

tania said...

beautiful layout! easy, but still stunning! thanks for the bbm,always good when i know someone is thinking of me:)

Bellaidea said...

Lucky you! You can just "find" beautiful photos on your desk !
I like mix of colors and great flowers combo.
So sorry to make you busy with commenting on my blog :), I just was very busy last weekend and you know how is it when projects are due the same day.
Have a grat day and please, send me some sun to my part of the Earth!

Unknown said...

I am so glad my dear friend I can come back to your blog I was for a time what depressed.. but fortunately, I feel a lot better.
And what have you very beautiful work made so much gorgeous to see thank you so for the inspire .

big hugs
carla

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Stunning work, my friend!!! Oh this is delightful! And what lovely colours! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Purple Pumpkin!!!

BTW - I hope you get your parcel soon, plus the one from me too! :D

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a beautiful layout for this precious little girl of yours!

Blossom inch said...

absolutely awesome details and techniques on this page and amazingly beautiful page...precious pics of your girl.

Leonie said...

Really beautiful Helen, love the bright papers and the Journalling on the white looks awesome!! Yay for your printer working and Yay for you still hand journalling, you really have got a nice script. :) Your going to love the purple pumpkin when it arrives, Sam's embellishments are gorgeous.

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

This is beautiful, Helen!! Those skeleton leaves are to die for, it gives a different look to your page. Wonderful work as usual!! Hope you are having great time there, Helen!! xoxo.

Denise Price said...

Beautiful LO, Helen! I love how you brought autumn onto your page--that leaf cluster is amazing. Even if there is no autumn in South Africa, you can still have autumn in your heart. :)

Mitralee said...

Happy Page made me happy just to look at it! Love the gesso for giving you spots to journal and LOVE your lovely leaves!!! Thanks for some autumn from South Africa! Now, when we have snow, don't feel the need to do snow though....flowers are better! ;-)

Kiki Aposeki said...

Hi Helen!!! You know that i admire your perfect LO and these i realy love it!!! Kisses!!!

Eila Sandberg said...

This one's just like Cami - bursting with happy vibrancy! absolutely wonderful Helen! gosh what a glorious cluster of yumminess, really love all the skeleton leaves! Good girl getting some me-time yay! how boring it must be not to have all 4 seasons, I love to watch Mother Nature change clothes though I'm not too crazy to wake up on a February morning and the mercury says -23C in the kitchen window ... xoxoxo

sandi said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous! Love what you've done here....so pretty! That flower cluster is amazing!

Diana said...

Your daughter is so lucky that she'll have these LOs to look back on. If ever when she's older she's feeling low all she'll have to do is look at this and she'll see what a bright spark she was AND how much her mummy loved her.
LOVE those leaves.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Beautiful daughter, beautiful papers...gorgeous layout. I love the pink and yellow together.

Kerryn said...

It is always fun to play :). LOVE the gorgeous bright colour palette!