Sunday 11 March 2012

Some Sneaks and some Deets on my Online Class!






So I still have 4 layouts that I have to do by Wednesday, then 
hubs is off to China & I am playing single parent again, with 
my son's birthday coming up over the weekend, so things are 
beezy, beezy around here & not much hope of me coming up
 for air any time soon!  Anyway, I just wanted to share a 
couple of sneaks with you here and give you an update 
about my online class.


My problem has always been TOO MANY IDEAS, not "not enough" 
so it's taken me a good while to decide on how to actually 
get started, and I've finally settled on 
MIXED MEDIA BACKGROUNDS - 
how to add that extra oomph to your layouts with
 painterly effects.


The class is going to be aimed at beginners and beyond, so no 
worries if you've never splodged any paint on a page as yet.  
Of course I'm also bearing in mind that not everyone (in other 
words "internationals" like myself) may have access to all the
 new-fangled products out there, so there will be lots on offer
 for  those that can only find a bit of paint, gauze and found items.


I won't be hosting it here through my blog, but via a separate 
platform. I'm still in the planning stages & am not the fastest
 worker on the planet, preferring to be thorough, but ultimately
I'll be offering 3 separate videos, 2 technique based ones then 
finally a layout to put those new-found skills into practice.  

Thanks so much for all the feedback I received!  
I'm excited & looking forward to learning a new skill myself - 
how to get my ideas across easily on video - at last!  
A dream come true for me :)





20 comments:

Michelle said...

It sounds like a wonderful class. I hope your son has a wonderful birthday!

Evgenia Petzer said...

I am so excited for you!!!

ALso so busy this side, preparing some cute stuff for my etsy shop.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How exciting!!! I can't wait to hear all the details!! LOVING the sneaks!

Shayne said...

Wow, your own online class. Amazing. well done to you. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

Good luck with the single parenting stint xxx

Tina said...

This sounds like a really fun class Helen! I can't wait to see it.

Alison said...

Looking forward to more details about the class Helen!
Alison xx

Stefanie said...

Cool, so excited for you and wishing you all of the very best as you stretch the boundaries once again.

Carin McDonough said...

You have been busy while I have been absent from the blogging world! Loving the sneak peeks!! The online class sounds fantastic and I think you will be really good at that sort of thing :) Can't wait to see how things pan our for you. I hope your son has a wonderful birthday! :)

Rachael Funnell said...

OH! How AWESOME on the Mixed Media Online Classes...... I think you is Perfect for YOU!!!
Lovin your Bright Sneaks!!
Beezy Beezy OH! yes by the sounds of things you are going to be!!!

yyam said...

Wow! Those sneaks are looking good!

Sounds like a great mixed media class in the works! :)

jeanie g said...

This sounds just up my street Helen. I love mixed media and you are the queen. Looking forward to watching your technique in the hopes a little bit will rub off on me. LOL xx

FiKenward said...

Good luck with it all Helen, I the classes will be right up your ally.

Cathy said...

Sounds exciting Helen.. loving mixed media atm and I can't wait to hear more about your online class!! :)) hugs

Leonie said...

Oh this sounds exciting for you, best of luck. Love the colours in these sneaks. :)

Mitralee said...

nice, bright and cheerful!

Marjie Kemper said...

Good luck this week! Love the peeks here, especially your gorgeous journaling strips.

Desire Fourie said...

Well done Helen, cant wait to see your first creative video and learning about your wonderful creative techniques.
Hugs
Desire

Unknown said...

I saw this at BITW..I love it. Very colorful and awesome work on mixing different medias and textures...I'm so loving this! Jack will be so proud sharing this page to his kids someday.

Blossom inch said...

those sneak peek looks yummy and fabulous Helen!

Eila Sandberg said...

You are going to be a BRILLIANT teacher in-that-place-that-cannot-be-mentioned-yet!! *wink wink* Mwah!