Monday 5 March 2012

Webster's Pages February *SPARKLERS* Challenge {Friends Layout}






I'm so glad I got around to playing in the February 
before it ended.  Here are the details :-
You can create a layout, card or any altered projects using Webster's Pages Sparklers in any style.
The majority of your project must contain Webster’s Pages products. 
  1. The project must use Sparklers and Webster's Pages Papers 
  2. You must post your project in the Inspire Me gallery under the file name "February Challenge - 
  3. (title of your project)"  and post a link in the comments section on this blog entry.
  4. The challenge will be open from February 10th to March 7th, 12 midnight PST.
Prize will be winner’s choice of Webster’s Pages Paper Collection. (You can even choose a new one!) 

This layout is up in the Webster's gallery HERE.


Well the possibility of winning a new paper collection is 
definitely  a good reason to enter ANY challenge don't 
you think?!?  I used a piece of KI Memories Lace Paper
as a mask to ink through to create the pink stencilled
effect you see below.  I took some photos for a little
tutorial I'll put together on this page construction soon.


Cami has a new little friend & they took these fun photos
 of each other {cat accessory included!}.  They weren't
very good photos {understandably - considering they're
both 11!}  so I had to edit them to oblivion and change
them to black and white - always a good way to rescue!)


Fortunately I had quite a few sparklers left so used up all the 
miscellaneous ones by creating a 'confetti' effect, filling in
with lots of tiny bits of bling too.


I went all out on the Webster's - adding in a Berry Bouquet
 {I detached the leaves & added them on the other side 
of the layout}, some Bloomers (of which I still have yards and
 yards!), adding in a Prima bling flourish that I 'sub-divided'. 


I inked all the edges heavily with grey, pink, yellow and orange
 inks, matted the scalloped edge then hand-journaled all around
 it.  The tiny metal flowers (see bottom right above) are
 locally-bought earrings that I removed the backs of to use
 as tiny embellishments.

Supplies List for 'Friends' Layout

Patterned Paper - border - Webster's Pages 'Spring Rain' 
(Feather Your Nest Line)
Patterned paper - base - 'Fashionista'  (Trend Setter Line)
{also used to fussy-cut butterfly}
Scalloped Paper - Webster's Pages (Ladies & Gents)
Vellum (for butterfly) Webster's Pages (Garden Gala)
Dark Brown pen for journaling (Creative Memories)
Inks - Old Road (Prima) Butternut/Candy (Color Box) 
Orange ink - Tangelo (Memento)
Bling flourish & Pebble - Prima
Singular bling dots - Kaisercrafts
Bling Sparklers - Webster's Pages
Berry bouquet and leaves - Webster's Pages
'Friends' chipboard - We R Memory Keepers
Bloomers & Braid -Webster's Pages
Stencil - KI Memories Lace Paper





15 comments:

Amelia Khalik said...

Woowwww this is simply stunning helen! Love the color combination..:)

Dara Lynn said...

This page rocks Helen!!!! I looooooove all the inking and combination of ink colors!!!!!!!!! The sparklers are just a fun embellishment! Good luck girlie!!

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely stunning Helen. You have a beautiful handwriting and your journalling always look so professional.
Hugs
Desire

phamil said...

Don't you just love WP? I adore it. You always do such gorgeous work with their papers! You should be on their DT! Love those pretty colors, just stunning work as always!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Fabulous page Helen...I hope you win the stash of your dreams.

Alison said...

What a fun, girlie page Helen!
Alison xx

Evgenia Petzer said...

cool photos and such a lovely layout!

Bente Fagerberg said...

You used those papers so well,Helen!
I remember once as a DT member at YSS I got these in my kit. I had such problems how to use them.
I probably still have most of them and may take some inspiration from you :-)
Gorgeous layout!

Gayle Price said...

What a gorgeous photo-rich page, love the model poses...beautiful girls, and the paper and embellishments are perfect. And, Helen, what an absolutely lovely comment you left for me today. Thank you. You actually brought a little tear to my eye, first time any comment left on my blog has done that, so it is from the heart that I want you to know how much I appreciate it and you. xx

Leonie said...

Love this one Helen, super cool for a pre-teen layout. Bet the girls love it.

FiKenward said...

You have created such a fun page that's has perfectly complimented the photos. Good luck who wouldn't love to win some Websters products. Wish I could play along but unfortunately don't have the sparklers.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Helen!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the photos and you ROCK the Websters my friend!!! WOW!!

Unknown said...

This is FABULOUS! Great design, super fun photos, awesome bursts of color- love the whole thing :)!

yyam said...

Wow! This is stunning Helen! Love the sparklers! And how fun are those photos!:)

Eila Sandberg said...

Sparklers - yup any time! love the bling confetti and how beautifully you always scrap any WP papers! Gorgeous page and as I am backtracking your blog, I know what happened! :)))