Monday 29 October 2012

This is Where my Soul Soars Layout {The Scrapbook Store/Webster's Pages Park Drive}





Hi!  This weekend I managed to get the 'The Scrapbook Store'
sketch challenge done!!  They choose a winner by random
draw but the prize is a $40 voucher, plus free postage anywhere
in the world, so it is too good a prize not to throw my hat in!


I used my Webster's Pages Park Drive Papers that were the 
nearest accessible papers as I still had them on my counter
since I'd been using them last week to create all my Mixed Media
projects for my new DT gig at My Creative Scrapbook.


I used the Crafter's Workshop 6" grid stencil that came with the
Limited Edition kit, together with modeling paste misted with
blue ink {Tattered Angels Patina}, to create my background.


The alphas are part of the same collection from Webster's Pages
& are also available with the kit.  I used Liquid Pearls 'Buttercup'
to create the tiny dots around the edge of my hot air balloon circle.


That delicious blinged-up lace is from Prima & the chipboard
grass tufts are from Dusty Attic.  This is the 2nd time I've used
them because they are so simply beautiful.  I decorated them 
with Shimmerz Blingz & Perfect Pearls.


I inked up the edges with Burnt Sienna by Color Box
& used some lovely Prima flowers for my cluster.


The photo is of a valley in the Drakensberg, here in 
Kwa-Zulu Natal & it is a beautiful place to visit - 
so serene & the landscape is breathtaking.

Supplies List for 'This is Where my Soul Soars' Layout


All papers - Webster's Pages - Park Drive - Snacks,
Through the Lens, In the Paper, Box Lunch
Alphas - Webster's Pages Storytellers - Park Drive
Stickers - Webster's Pages - Park Drive
Lace - Prima
Flowers - Prima {Tuscany & Coventry Tranquil}
Prima flower packaging
Liquid Pearls - Ranger - Buttercup
Modeling paste - Reeves
Grid Stencil - Crafter's Workshop 6"
Chipboard - Dusty Attic
Shimmerz Blingz - Grinchy Green
Perfect Pearls - Ranger - Green Patina
Ink - Color Box - Burnt Sienna


26 comments:

Tracey said...

That's a beautiful picture Helen and an absolutely gorgeous layout!!!

Bellaidea said...

Beautiful place and beautiful page!

yyam said...

Really beautiful. Love the harmony of colours here. And the wonderful textures. :)

Carin McDonough said...

Beautiful layout Helen, I love how you have used the grid stencil on your background! Wow your trip sounds like it is going to be a whirlwind but loads of fun! Trafford Centre is definitely the most popular place but can be pricey! When we go into Manchester we usually go to the Arndale shopping center. You will find our clothes soooo cheap in comparison to SA if you go to the right places. I am not a brand name wearer so I just shop at ASDA, Tesco's, Primark or Matalan and all thier clothes are really cheap! When we were in SA my mom took me to the Woolworths sale and it was 50% off and was still double what I would pay here lol. My mom comes with as little clothes as possible so she can buy some when she is over here. Oh and if you are wanting some brand name shoes and clothes for the boys like Nike, Addidas etc then Sports Direct has very good prices on those. Don't worry about not seeing me you are only here for a couple of days, I was in Durban for 3 weeks and didn't see 3 people I was supposed to! Although depending where you are going in the city and what you are doing I could always come down and meet you for a coffee or something if you like, it is not that far. But please don't stress just enjoy yourself! Wow that was an extremely long comment about clothes shopping lol, maybe I should have just sent you a message on FB ;)

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Great background, Helen.Love the picture. Have a great week :)

juscrap said...

Beautiful place and beautiful page! hugs my dear.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love love love the big circle, the photo and loveeeeeeeeee all the flowers!!!!

Michelle said...

This is just utterly perfect for your photo!!! I love the hot air balloons... it's so fitting!! The background is so pretty and I love the flowers, leaves, trims and pearls. Just gorgeous!!

Svetlana Austin said...

this is simply amazingly beautiful LO, Helen! it has such a nice feel to it! I think that you perfectly captured your feelings about that place! love it!

Kerryn said...

It does look like a stunning place to be. Your page is gorgeous Helen!

Denise Price said...

Wow, that is one gorgeous landscape! And you did such a great job showcasing it with this layout. I especially love the circle with the hot air balloons.

Sandie said...

Hi Helen, so nice to see you joined the challenge with The Scrapbook Store. Your layout is amazing (as always) with so many beautiful aspects .. you have a real gift for design elements and how to use them...

Keren Tamir said...

Love love love this layout!! and I can see why you love that land. what beauty!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So beautiful Helen! What a gorgeous scene! Love your beautiful flowers!

Evgenia Petzer said...

LOVE it! and the pace is beautiful:)

Jenny in Durbs said...

Absolutely stunning layout & photo.

sandi said...

Wow Helen this is just GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! Love everything about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracey Sabella said...

Wow, What a gorgeous page, Helen!! Love the pearl edges circle and the DA grass is sooooooooo perfect here!! Great take on the sketch!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Lynette Jacobs said...

What a stunning way to showcase your "happy place". Beautiful as always.

Unknown said...

Fabulous page! I love every fantastic detail! TFS!

Lynnda said...

Oh WOW Helen... I love this layout .... its stunning!!! love the photo too!!! Everything is so pretty on this page ... as always you rock!!! hugs...xoxo

dstandard said...

Gorgeous photo and a fabulous page - loving all your embellishments!

jacque4u2c said...

Just stunning!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Bright, happy, love it~

Unknown said...

This is just lovely Helen. All those gorgeous layers starting with the background paper and your stencil work really come together for a wonderful page. Great interpretation of the sketch! Thank you so much for joining us this month :) Hope to see you again.

Eila Sandberg said...

Wowzer Helen! Drakensberg must be heaven on eart judging from the photos you have shared from your trips there. Absolutely beautiful!
Love your choice of colours and papers for this page, such a wonderful feel to it. Love the details and and the background work is just merveilleuse as Julie would say. Mwah!