Tuesday 12 February 2013

'Fabulous All the Time' Layout for ScrapFriends {Pink Paislee Portfolio Collection}





Here's my final show of my Design Team work for ScrapFriends.
I loved this sketch & chose the Pink Paislee Portfolio collection to 
work with. You can see the original January post HERE.


Luckily I saved these images to my blog back in December,
seeing as now I no longer have them on my hard drive :( 


Materials:
            
  ❤     
Lots of layering up here, which was easy using the Pink Paislee Portfolio papers.


I managed to achieve the stucco effect with good quality gesso
and a stippling/stencilling brush (very stiff and cylindrical). 


 I used some of my Fuji Instax photos - I've had great fun with my
Mini-Instax camera, which, very sadly, gave up the ghost overseas.
Very disappointing as I've only had it for a couple of years.



I doubt that anyone here in South Africa can fix it as I've never seen 
them for sale.  Will have to see if hubby can get me a new one when
 next in Hong Kong.  It was relatively inexpensive so perhaps it's
 served it's time.



This young lady grew up these holidays.  She's soon to be 13, has
started High School and is blossoming daily into an absolutely
beautiful creature.  She really is 'Fabulous All the Time' - I always
tell her that she could look good in a black plastic trash bag!!


The black and white 'tape'you see is actually the packaging
from the Heidi Swapp products.



I love how everything co-ordinates so well together in this 
collection and I think the colours are great.  So into grey &
silver at the moment.


Supplies List for 'Fabulous All the Time' Layout

Patterned Papers - Pink Paislee Portfolio Collection
 - Amazing & Incredible & Outstanding
Gesso - Studio - Claudine Helmuth
6"Reverse Chicken Wire Stencil - The Crafters'Workshop
Butterflies - Color Me Happy - Heidi Swapp
Red ink - Distress ink - Ranger
Border punch - Martha Stewart
Twine - Purple Pumpkin
Red dots - Liquid Pearls - Ruby Red - Ranger
Alphas - Pink Paislee Portfolio
Border Strips - Pink Paislee Artisan Elements

Well thanks for popping by!
I will be back as soon as I can with my first layout for Scrapmatts!!




25 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

Another GORGEOUS layout!! That gesso looks FAB...
Cam reminds me sooo much of my DD Chloee... She love the camera & that Camera loves her back!! hehehe!

Svetlana Austin said...

stunning LO, Helen! love how you combined the the modern look with some romantic touches. it looks really beautiful!

alexandra s.m. said...

i adore your page Helen!
Everything about it is stunning!!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

I too loved this sketch of Scrapfriends a lot and used Pink Paislee mistables for the page. So glad you saved the images to your blog! Cami is a stunner for sure and so is your page :)

Desire Fourie said...

Another Helen special and at the same time a gorgeous take on the sketch.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Lizzy Hill said...

I miss you sooo much, Helen:):) This is gorgeous & these Pink Paislee papers are the nicest I reckon:):):) Your DD is really, really gorgeous....better watch those boys!!!! And what a great use of the packaging. Clever gal:):)

Linda Eggleton said...

Another gorgeous layout, Helen...I love all your fab layering & the textured background you've created with the gesso...fantastic work!

Leonie said...

Oooo gorgeous Helen. You're right, the silver/grey combo is hot right now with those lovely splashes of pink and turquoise! Super texture on the background too. :)

Heather McMahon said...

This is beautiful Helen! Love the colours and the textured background. Have they managed to save anything off your hard drive yet?

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

So gorgeous, Helen!! Love the mixed media and your fab fussy cutting!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooooo beautiful Helen! I loveeee the colors, the layers and those photos!!! And hoping they can still get stuff off your hard drive!!

sandi said...

Love what you've done with the sketch! Fabulous mix and texture! <3

Evgenia Petzer said...

another stunning LO!

Alison said...

Love the gesso ...she really is growing up!
Alison xx

Mitralee said...

This page is delicious! I agree on the silver and grey! So dainty and lovely! Great job there! Hope your pc issues and internet are back up and running.

Gayle Price said...

Fabulous LO ! What is it about grey....it looks amazing with every other colour. Love the femininity of this and the young fresh feel...gorgeous, just like your gorgeous girl. xx

Keren Tamir said...

Fabulous LO Helen!! Amazing design and texture

yyam said...

So pretty! Love the colours and the amazing textures! :)

Marjie Kemper said...

What a great LO! Love all the texture and cool embellies. I always love seeing what you do with a sketch... you rock them upside down and sideways!

Adriana B said...

fabulous take on sketch , love the photos too :)

Sandie said...

Oh arrhhh this is just amazing Helen, spent so long going over all those goreous details. What a wonderful interpretation of the sketch!

Irini said...

Helen what can I say Cami is a stunning young lady!...all your children are beautiful!...take after their mummy !!...
Your layout is beautiful love all the beautiful layering!
So so sorry to hear about the computer problems I definitely know how it feels now that is has been corrected I am finding it hard to keep up with the blogging LOL...if its not one thing its another!
hang in there and breathe!
hugz
irini

Lynnda said...

This is so my new fave of yours Helen.... beautiful!!! love it... hugs...xoxo

Eila Sandberg said...

You're absolutely right about Cami, she really would look good in a black trash bag! she's a stunner and is growing into a striking young lady. Have said it many times before, your kids have really good genes from their parents! This is such a beautiful take on the sketch, absolutely wonderful collection too that you've scrapped brill! mwah!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

This is an absolutely fabulous page with gorgeous photos of your daughter. She's so pretty!