Thursday 21 February 2013

Patchwork Card Set for My Creative Scrapbook {Basic Grey True Love - Prima}





Hi again!  Thursday already...Hope you are all having a 
productive week so far.  It is sweltering hot here so getting
 anything achieved in this heat is something... but it's been a 
worthwhile week nonetheless & I got these patchwork cards 
made the other evening.  


I made these using the offcut papers from the Limited Edition
Kit, still available here.  All Basic Grey "True Love"papers.


I found that I had a lot of bits and pieces of paper left over 
from the kit & thought it would be fun to make up some
 patchwork paper.  Once I'd done that I decided to make up
 a few cards with my new patchwork papers & I still have 
enough paper to make quite a few more, but these 3 
will give you an idea of my simple method.


I used some pre-made white cardstock cards that I bought,
complete with envelopes.  First time I've seen them available
here & a wonderful idea - Blanks I guess you'd call them & no
doubt they've been available in the Western world for ages!


I chose a good-looking 'patch'of patchwork, measured it up to
 be an inch smaller than the card, then cut a square & inked
 it up with my brown Prima ink pad, ''Knotted Wood". Then
 I cut that square IN HALF & adhered it, leaving a gap in the
 centre, just to make things a little more interesting!



  I used up all 3 strips of organza ribbon supplied with the kit 
& held my bows in place with tiny glue dots, added a sentiment 
to the side & a rose to the top (using a 3D glue dot) & 
that's my recipe! Easy!!


I still have a lot of sticker/sentiments left so I dollied up the
 envelopes a bit just for fun.  I'll probably give these cards
 to my daughter to keep for writing love letters to her sweetie. 

Take a look at the Design Team gallery HERE to see this kit
 put to great use by many members of the My Creative Scrapbook
 Design team.  Thanks for the visit!




22 comments:

topkatnz said...

Very cool, its so handy to have a card or two in your stash:)

Rachael Funnell said...

Your Cards & envelopes are Simply GORGEOUS Helen... I just love how you put so much into each & every post....

Denise Price said...

Your cards are gorgeous! Great, do-able idea for using up scraps.

Guess what! My local bookstore had _Scrap 365_ on its newsstand! It's rare for us to get foreign magazines here in the States, so I was very excited. AND it was the December issue! Of course, I bought it. You can tell Cami that she's a cover girl in the USA now, too. :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are just gorgeous!! I love love love the colors and loveeeeeeeee the flowers!!!

Keren Tamir said...

Amazing patchwork on these cards!! Love them all!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

These look gorgeous - almost like 'mini' presents!! LOVE what you've done with the envelopes, too...& yes, I buy a pile of these in kraft, gold & white at the card show I go to each year!!! It's soooo much easier than making them & cheaper, too...glad you can get them there now - that's the main thing!!!!!!!!11

Leonie said...

Gorgeous cards Helen, great way to use up scraps.

Adriana B said...

This is so gorgeous love it :)

yyam said...

Ooooh...these are sooooo pretty! Love that you did the envelopes too! :)

Tracee said...

Beautiful cards Helen (do you need to know when my birthday is hee hee)
Tx

Marjie Kemper said...

Stunning cards!

dstandard said...

What a creative idea on using up scraps ! Love it!

Unknown said...

These cards are so sweet!! Beautiful job, Helen!

Kerryn said...

These are beautiful Helen!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Stunning, gorgeous cards!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Linda Eggleton said...

Beautiful cards, Helen...and wow, I love the way you've photographed them - very impressive!!

Alison said...

Love this idea for using up scraps!
Alison xx

Sandie said...

A gorgeous array of creations/cards Helen, love your idea of scrapping up with scraps of paper and turning them into cards of patchwork. Wasn't it a fabulous kit to work with, I loved it.

Denise van Deventer said...

Gorgeous cards...so romantic and soft! Love the blocking...simply stunning and what a great way to use scraps!! ;-)

Eila Sandberg said...

Very very pretty cards Helen! not all cards have to be mini canvases to be appreciated by the recipient or the maker for that matter. These are truly lovely! Also I buy my card blanks rather than making them from cardstock. You're so good at using left over stuff from your other projects! mwah!

sandi said...

These are all such sweet cards Helen! Love them!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Stunning work on these cards too Helen.