Tuesday 28 May 2013

'Have Fun' Card - My Creative Scrapbook - Prima Lyric




If you are looking for the ZVA CREATIVE BLOG HOP CLICK HERE!
It runs until midnight EST tonight so you still have time!!

I pre-scheduled this card to appear on my blog on Monday morning, then remembered the blog hop & had to withdraw it again so if you are getting feelings of deja vu don't worry you're not going mad!!  Just giving it a little more airtime until tomorrow as I have a REALLY EXCITING surprise in store for you tomorrow!!

Here's the last card made with my May My Creative Scrapbook Kit.


I added lots of the Prima Lyric printed pieces to this one so it has various different layers, making it quite an unusual card. I even tucked in some Prima packaging!


I used my Martha Stewart butterfly punch to punch out some small butterflies from the left-over patterned paper (just swiped with a red inkpad to tie in with the red roses), added a strip of organza over one of the pieces before adhering it on top, then knotted it in front, and used a die-cut doily from Cheery Lynn (French Pastry Die) which is a handy small size for cards.

I didn't even need to use a stamped sentiment as the Prima alphas supplied with the kit are nice & small & I die-cut the 'Fun' from one of the patterned papers.  

Thanks for popping in - remember to come back tomorrow to join in my fun 
surprise, then on Thursday for my mixed media background instructions!


14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the layers and the banner!

yyam said...

Wow. Beautiful layering and mix of patterns. :)

Lizzy Hill said...

Pretty, pretty....loving how you're presenting these cards, too...sooo nice!! Love the way you've used the doily & those little letters do work really well!!! I've ENJOYED v much your cards:):):)

Unknown said...

I just love seeing you creating cards, Helen~! This one is just awesome- I love that it's different and has so many cool layers. Amazing, amazing!!

xErin

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh how gorgeous! You are awesome!!! :D :D

Bente Fagerberg said...

What a darling card Helen.Truly delightful. I remember a time when there were not many cards and no off the page projects here,... It is lovely to see how we evolve through a process with this wonderful 'addiction' of ours. And I guess congratulations are in order,... you certainly are on a roll at the moment. I will have to check out that challenge blog of yours... Seems everything you touch turns into roses. You worked hard for it my friend and absolutely deserve it. :-)

Svjetlana said...

One more gorgeous card

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Love the Prima bits n pieces, Helen!

Unknown said...

i think this is the best card you've made yet mum! xx

alexandra s.m. said...

awww...love your D.D's sweet comment!
I agree, your card is absolutely GORGEOUS!!
Thanks Helen~

Lynnda said...

Beautiful!Love the card Helen.... hugs...x

Annesphamily said...

I love those sweet butterfly punches! So cute! Oh I do love this!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow...wow...there is so much beauty and detail in this card. Well done my friend.

Eila Sandberg said...

Everything you touch really DOES turn into roses, as Bente says!! so so incredibly happy for you darling, you have worked so hard and so long, your success is truely well deserved. Toasting to you!! ah, almost forgot to say that your card is such a pretty gem. So many layers and so many sweet details, a gift in itself! xoxox