Sunday 22 September 2013

A new Video! The first of my One-Minute-Wonders Series for Lindy's Stamp Gang!! {Ombre Photo Matting Tutorial}




Hello ladies!!  I hope you are all well!  I have some great news to share with you today!! I have a new video up at long last!!!  Video editing is great fun but a MASSIVELY time-consuming process & the learning curve is STEEP!!  {apparently not so much for Mac users but for pc users it certainly is!}.  My advice to any aspirant You-Tubers:- FORGET WINDOWS LIVE MOVIE MAKER!!

It is SO user-friendly & creates a happy ILLUSION that you are making fantastic progress UNTIL it co mes to actually SAVING your video.  My experience with it it that then you watch in soul-destroying DISMAY as it one-by-one corrupts each & every painstakingly edited clip until YOU HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!  

{If it hasn't happened to you yet chances are it probably will...} IT does work... SOMETIMES...but I knew that if this was going to become a regular event for me{I have to publish at least one video per month now for Lindy's Stamp Gang} I would need to get to grips with something more reliable!!

So I have spent MANY, MANY, MANY hours this week {getting behind on everything else}immersed in video programs {downloading free 30 day trials}, screaming {yes really...my family kept popping their heads in to ask if I was okay}!!!  Thanks to the help of some of my online friends who were generous enough to share their snippets of advice with me I have {hopefully} completed the most traumatic part of my initiation & it can only be downhill from here :-D



Don't forget to subscribe to my You Tube channel HERE
& to the Lindy's Stamp Gang channel HERE.

If you are feeling really generous you could leave me 
some love on the LSG channel HERE :) ♥



18 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Oh, I SOOOOOO Feel for you:):) Been there...still doing that......it's a battle that NEVER ends...still...you've achieved a fast & easy to watch & still inspirational video...so go you:):):)

Kasia KrzymiƄska said...

Love the video! I know the pain that editing video can cause but the moment when it's finally finished is amazing, right? And you did a great job :) I'm waiting for more :*

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry you had such a hard time getting it to save :( I love your video!! I think it's fabulous!!!!!!!

sandi said...

Fabulous lo Helen! Your video is wonderful too!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Sorry to hear that this has been such a struggle. Will get to watching it tomorrow. So thankful for all you wonderful ladies that share your creativity with us.

Marilyn said...

Oh girl, so sorry, I'm in the process to learn about it but you did a wonderful work it's fabulous!!xoxo

ALINE said...

Very fun! I loved this video!

Val-Belle said...

Yay the video is fabulous. I love to see how you create. Look forward to many more. This was such a fab layout. So glad you have such helpful friends..

Lynnda said...

Oh Helen!!! Its worth your hard work Helen!!! I am your new member !!! Love the video .... its a great tutorial!!!! WTG my friend.... hugs...x

Paper Attic said...

great video Helen! I hear your frustration....maybe one more reason to switch to mac? LOL just teasing you!!!!...looking forward to more videos!

yyam said...

Sorry it has been sooooo time-consuming! But I'm sure it will get better over time!

Love your 1 minute video. Clever way to mat the photo. So stealing the idea. ;)

Unknown said...

wow wonderful video so sorry my friend you was struggle with this ..love how you did mat the picture this give it so amazing result!!

hugs Carla

Leonie said...

ok so at this point I think I'm very thankful I haven't had to deal with movie maker, it sounds horrible!!
I'm so glad you've managed to get something out of the process though. It's a great technique I love how you restuck the ripped edges!
Fingers crossed the video editing is much smoother sailing from here on out for you. x

Izzy Anderson said...

Oh, I haven't even considered delving into movie making. I have enough frustrations with every thing else! You did a great job. Here's hoping it's much easier and less frustrating next time. The layout rocks!

Keren Tamir said...

Fantastic tutorial. Loved the video!!

Sandie said...

Loved the video and I totally feel your pain at things not going to plan... can be so frustrating.

Nolene Burnett said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing your technique. Very clever to use the ripped pieces to create the double mat.

Desire Fourie said...

Great tutorial Helen. Looking forward to the next.
Hugs DesĂ­re {Doing Life}