Wednesday 16 April 2014

"70's Rhodesia" Layout Tutorial - Inkido.





***Hey Peeps!  I've been away from home for a week & just returned today -
 I'll be sharing the close ups of this layout tomorrow & then I'll share some
 of the photos I've edited of my daughter's university graduation
{where we have just been!} 
Hope you are all well!! 

 Here is my latest post from Inkido, which went live today HERE***

Hello everyone!  Wonderful to be back here with you all at Inkido today!
  I just love Inkido products & have just had an {lovely!} overdose of them 
for the last couple of days creating my new layout.  I used the April "Our Roots" 
Challenge as my inspiration.  Here is the mood board for it.  Rather than be
 inspired by the many colours I chose to be inspired by the concept behind
 the board - our heritage & where we grew up/started our lives.


I had my photo printed out for many months now - never having the suitable opportunity
 to scrap it - so now I grabbed my chance!  I created a photo tutorial to accompany
 my layout but got so excited to finish it in the end that I left out a few of my last steps! 


 Once I had completed my layout I sponged on some more gesso to mute
 it down a notch & did some "partial" stamping of the butterflies around 
the edge of the layout.  I added this to represent the millions of displaced
 Zimbabweans around the world - the diaspora - of which I am one.















Yes I see that I forgot a number 3 above! LOL!!  Did anyone notice that?!?




The brown music sheet paper I used behind my photo is from the Happy Christmas Collection  {Happy Music}.  That's all from me for this month.  I will see you all again
 in May.  Please play along with our April challenge!  Bye for now... HELEN

Thanks for your visit!



12 comments:

ALINE said...

So beautiful!
I loved it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooo gorgeous! I love love love the colors and the butterflies!!!!!!

Heather Jacob said...

OMG this is outstanding Helen, love love love , such treasures you create xoxo

yyam said...

Wow. Very dreamy layout.
Love the textures and layers.

Lizzy Hill said...

Looks fabulous! That photo is gorgeous:) And I love the layers & the tutorial [ish!]...I must say that I really enjoyed that pic with 'stuff to have on hand':):)

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

The spray colors look so cool, and gives
this page such a unique handmade look = )

sandi said...

You have such a knack for building your beauty! This looks gorgeous!

Elaine coustley said...

Love this tutorial you make it look so easy when I try the layers cannot seem to get it right . practice I will.x

zenevak said...

Beautiful layout. Stunning photo - love how it contrasts with your more neutral background. Love all your texture and layers.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Beautiful page and photo. I always love seeing your process.

Linda Eggleton said...

Amazing photo that you've scrapped beautifully! Love your cluster and all the texture created on the background. Fab step x step too...thanks so much for sharing with us :)

Linda Eggleton said...

Now I can't remember if I posted my comment on this post or the previous post? lol I'm confused! But anyways...just wanted to let you know that the "older posts" button at the end of the front page of your blog is not working...so I can't keep scrolling back to see more of your fabulous work! :(