Sunday 20 July 2014

7 Dots Studio Off-The-Page Project & Tutorial {Will you still Love me? Box}





Hello everyone!  Today I have my first tutorial up at 7Dots Studio HERE.


I repurposed this chunky box from a Camel belt box my husband
got years ago.  I always kept it as it's a good size & so sturdy!


Before the tutorial let's take a look at some close-ups!  I used
 gelatos for my colouring & I really fell in love with them
 properly, for the first time.  I have ordered some more...!!!


The Illumination Collection has 2 sets of stamps that go along with it 
& I used this set below.  As you can see it is really modern & versatile.

Illumination - Stamp Set 2

Once I had stamped on the paper & coloured some random 
areas adding stickers was the finishing touch & so easy!


I gave my daughter this box, to store her letters & cards from her boyfriend.
She loves it & was grateful to have something pretty to store them in.


The only other products I added, apart from the obvious adhesives, were some gesso
 to tone down the box base, some gauze & drywall tape for texture underneath 
the photograph & some wash tape to finish off the edges of the box neatly.  


This was simple & fun to make & a great way of upcycling
& saving money too - you should try it!!


And here is the tutorial - I do hope someone out there finds it useful...














































Some handy tips on how to put a box together, because, like all things,
it always looks easier than it actually is until you try to do it yourself LOL!
Thank you so much for your visit - I really appreciate it!!



12 comments:

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Wonderful tutorial! Yep gelatos are addictive and the more you experiment with them, the more ways you find to use them. Absolutely love them. Have you tried the metallic ones yet? I bet you would LOVE them. Beautiful consistent shimmer and you can still mix them with regular ones to create different colours with a bit of shine.:)

Val-Belle said...

Yip I hoard boxes and I love my gelatos ... it took me a while to love them too now I have the whole set :D :D :D this is such a pretty keepsake for her. Love it.

Sue Lelli said...

Helen, GREAT tutorial and FABULOUS box! I'm headed over to 7 dots to leave you a comment right now! LOVE how this turned out!

dstandard said...

Totally beautiful! Fabulous tutorial!

Annie Claxton said...

This looks so cool Helen - such a beautiful keepsake box and perfect for a youngster. I love altering boxes and can never throw them away. Love how the gelatos work with the Illuminations papers :o)

Helen Wallace said...

A delightful gift to store special treasures. Thanks for the step by step, I'm going to try this with one of the many boxes I have hoarded. Thanks for the inspiration :D

Margaret Mifsud said...

This is gorgeous Helen and I'll bet your daughter loves it!! I don't have any Gelatos yet but I've heard nothing but good things about them. Might have to get me some. Love the box and love the step by step too!! Awesome!! ox

Cathy Lane said...

Helen, you must be the busiest scrapper I know and every one of your projects is just beautifully done!!

yyam said...

I love a decorated sturdy box...this looks fabulous. And you are right, it is easy in theory but does take a bit of time and effort.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Beautiful box and great tutorial. You really are a perfectionist.

Marjie Kemper said...

Super tute! Love the transformation. I'm sure your daughter really appreciates having such a beautiful holder for her love notes.

Linda Eggleton said...

Fantastic tutorial & a beautiful little box. So very clever :)