Wednesday 28 January 2015

Thoughts Keeper' Giant Tag Album for 7 Dots Studio!








Sharing my post that has just gone live at 7 Dots Studio today!

Hi everyone!  Helen here today to share with you a fun little album I made recently, 
using the new Thoughts Keeper Collection!  I just love this collection in real life.  
Seeing it in person was honestly a heart-stopping moment for me. It is
 just.so.beautiful.  It is also so versatile & just perfect for unisex & family pages.  

4 FRONT PAGES {front of tags}


Recently I discovered a local (to me - in South Africa) online printer that prints your photos straight from your Instagram account, either as a 9 x 10 Polaroid style print or as a sheet of mini-prints like you see here.  I was so excited about it that I got ALL my Instagram photos printed in different configurations & I JUST LOVE THEM!  They work perfectly for a tag album but of course 
you could print your own at home using the Picasa Collage function or something similar.  
 \
4 BACK PAGES {back of tags}


Rather than make a post full of photos I have collaged the front pages {fronts of the 4 tags I used} & collaged the back pages {back of the 4 tags I used} & below are some close-up shots collaged together.  My tags measure 31/2 by 8 inches & I used large Tim Holtz tags & covered them but you could just as easily make your own tag template.  Covering a cardstock tag base would be better than simply gluing 2 patterned papers together as the album is now really firm & strong.  


Supplies List for 'Thoughts Keeper' Tag Album

4 x XL shipping tags - Tim Holtz
Soulmates Papers - Thoughts Keeper no. 4 {background for all tags}
Thoughts Keeper no. 5 {border for all tags - under background paper}
Ink - Versa Color - 94 {Bronze}
Black - Archival Ink - Ranger
Doilies - Thoughts Keeper no. 1 & 2 {cut with Cheery Lynn Doily Die}
Small & Large Tags - Thoughts Keeper Tags Sheet
Paper cut-outs/die-cuts - Thoughts Keeper - Elements 
Stickers - Thoughts Keeper - Elements Stickers
Clear Stamps - Thoughts Keeper
Glitter & Metal Leaves - Finnabair {Prima}
Wood embellishments, bark  & frames - Prima
Metal Tags - Tim Holtz
Light Bulb - Ingvild Bolme {Prima}




10 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

What a great project!!! LOOOVE the little photos.... & of course, beautifully fussied up:):)

Val-Belle said...

How cool is that. Love the photo strips and all. A beautiful family treasure. The papers look gorgeous :D

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooo gorgeous! LOVING this!!!!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Gorgeous project!! I looooveee mini albums and this one is fabulous!! Those photo strips are awesome and I adore the colours!! Love it!! x

Heather McMahon said...

Wow Helen - I love this! These instagram pics are very cool and the tag idea is awesome!

Unknown said...

I love this! Such a beautiful memento!

Jean Bullock said...

So creative and beautiful. What a great idea.

Mitralee said...

This is fantastic! LOVE IT!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

So beautiful...I love how many photos you managed to use on this project.

Denise van Deventer said...

I love how you have used the photo strips here....very clever and so gorgeous at the same time! ;-)