Thursday 23 April 2015

Family Means No-one Gets Left Behind Layout
7 Dots Studio






Hello all!  Thanks so much for all your kind words of encouragement to me lately.
They have not gone unnoticed!  Right now I am ULTRA BUSY preparing for
the big Epic Event at Scrap Around The World as well as choosing & 
orientating the new design team, preparing the mood boards & finding
new sponsors.  It is ALL GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENES!
I am so tired I am off to bed but quickly popping this one up
& pressing PRESCHEDULE for the morning :)


I decided to use the 7 Dots Destination Unknown Collection in a feminine way
 this month.  You can see the original post up on the 7 Dots Studio blog at the
 moment HERE.  I used the 6 x 12 inch Elements to add interest to my 
clusters & some offcuts of the 'Travel Bag' paper {B side} for my
 journaling, as it is plain black.


Black & white works great with the strong blues in this collection.
I added flowers in blues, yellows & lime greens to tie in with my photo too.


I also used the absolutely AMAZING SOULMATES STENCIL HERE,
together with some Prima Modeling Paste, on my background.
It is so delicate, light & definitely feminine!

Although my son is in the foreground of the photo the focus is
 on my daughter & how she was deserted by her long-term
boyfriend last year 3 weeks before her Honours finals.
My son came to her rescue as they were both 
studying far from home at the same university.  

Thanks for taking a peek & I hope I have inspired you to look 
at collections in a new light.  This is a travel collection but 
can work for a feminine page too as you can see.

See the full range of 7 Dots Studio Collections HERE.




8 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

I really like how you've scrapped this memory....it's a bit painful, but it's part of your family's life journey....& it's sublime! Love the colours and the design....& the pop of yellow is just lovely....keep on with your nose to the grindstone!! It all sounds VERY exciting :)!!!

Bente Fagerberg said...

Yep! Great to document the good with the bad. I am no good at that myself but this is awesome! Love to see siblings pull together like this.
The pahge is ofvourse aloso awesome. Really love what you're sharing lately!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING that photo, the title and the masking!!!!!

Val-Belle said...

How wonderful that you have kids like that. Blood is thicker than water. A beautiful layout Love the banner and the that stencil is fab....

Alison said...

I haven't commented for a while (!) Helen, but the journaling on this one caught my eye....short, but says it all!! Xx

Mitralee said...

Really love the colors you used and that paste! A really strong page full of strong feeling, glad he was there for her, those were some dark days and I was mad all the way over here! ;-)

Annie Claxton said...

Such a beautiful page Helen, I love how you've adapted the papers to suit your theme and I'm always a sucker for bunting!! It's great to know that your children look out for one another, as you say, that's what family is :o)xxx

Denise van Deventer said...

Gorgeous page! Love the colouring and gorgeous details! It's so nice that your children are so close and will hopefully stay that way forever. We are 3 children and into our 40s we are still close as ever! xx