Friday 15 May 2015

Just Do It Layout - 7 Dots Studio
- Guest Designing at Sketchabilities






Hi!  So 7 Dots Studio were invited this month to Guest Design over at 
Sketchabilities HERE.  As you all know the sketches there are awesome.

I used papers, die-cuts, stickers & tags from the Thoughts Keeper Collection
HERE for this layout, together with the BEAUTIFUL Soulmates stencil HERE.  


I love the neutral tones of this collection & at the moment I'm loving bronze
 inking. I also added some bronze metallic thread behind my elements.


I used gesso to mute out some of the background together with some 13arts Splash!
 ink in black & white.  These inks are thick & opaque which I REALLY like. 


For the stenciling I used some black granite paste from Liquitex that is
 really fine & gritty, along with my bronze inkpad again.


The Scrabble alphas are part of the Thoughts Keeper Collection & come as a sheet 
of paper that needs to be hand-cut.  I love the look of the letters juxtaposed
 against one another with a few shiny black staples thrown into the mix!




9 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

GREAT layout!!

Lizzyc said...

Lovely sketch, lovely layout!

Denise van Deventer said...

Super page Helen and I love the little sentiments...so awesome! ;-)

Lizzy Hill said...

GORGEOUS page! Love that saying on the right....it's so true! And the cityscape...really fabulous page:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the tile title!!!!!

dstandard said...

Fabulous layout and wonderful take on the sketch!

Kathy Bradley said...

Helen,
What a gorgeous layout - but perfectly masculine - around the very awesome picture!

Mitralee said...

oh staples! those and the lovely metal hearts caught my eye right off! Love the look and the super awesome quotes! Cool page Miss Helen! Hugs!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful layout Helen!