Tuesday 25 August 2015

"Be Kind" Mixed Media Canvas - 7 Dots Studio
Step-by-Step Photo Tutorial






Hi everyone!  Today I am back with a project for 7 Dots Studio.
This month I made a canvas for my tutorial project.  I will be back
 tomorrow to share the tutorial so as not to make a REALLY long post!


I used 3 different 7 Dots Studio Collections for this project.
"Dreamer" - papers
 ''Soulmates" - stencil
"Illumination" - words & sentiments
I remember the first time I made a canvas I was so frightened!
I saw them on-line & they looked so detailed – I was not sure where to start!! 
 So perhaps you have the same problem?  Let me show you mine…
{ & tomorrow how I put it together!}


Before I explain my process to you let’s take a look at all the details.
I have used an inspirational quote as well as quite a lot of embellishments.


The pattern papers I have used come from the Dreamer Collection HERE.
There are 4 different designs left in stock & I have used all of them!


Those wonderful white hearts on the black base, & the matching words,
all come from the Illumination Collection HERE.  They are so versatile
& match every other 7 Dots Studio Collection so I use them all the time!


They come as a 6 x 12 inch sheet of pop out elements HERE.


To co-ordinate with the beautiful papers & elements from 7 Dots Studio
I have used all sorts of other embellishments.  Flowers, chipboard, etc, etc.


I have also added many different textures using mixed media.
My background uses the Soulmates Squares Mask HERE.  


 I made the 7 Dots Papers & elements the main feature of my canvas
by using them all in and around the central area with my photo.
I hope you like my canvas & that you come back tomorrow
to see how it all came together!!  Bye for now :)


9 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Looking good! of COURSE I'll be back. Maybe not tomorrow.....but soon;)!!!

Kathy Bradley said...

How could I not come back - I am chomping at the bit to see how you brought this amazing canvas to life. The background looks so wonderful and I love that quote and made a note of it (and will share where I found it should I ever use it). That quote must fit every single one of us on this good earth. Back tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Yes - can't wait to see how it all came together Helen - it's sooooooo INCREDIBLE. Will be back!!! j.

langeatheart said...

Will be back for the tutorial!!! :)

mamablitger said...

Fantastic layout... What a terrific texture.. Looking forward to tomorrow and the tutorial.....Love the color and composition.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs from Monica... Spain

Mitralee said...

Miss Tease there! Of course I'll be back around tomorrow...you peeked my interest with the can of spray paint...and I was enjoying the gesso tipped over...which then of course made me impressed with your staging skills...and then all the pretty details....

Hope things are shaping up on your side of the globe..I was just wondering how things were going today for you...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Tease!!! This is looking AMAZING!!!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Lovely details...I will be back :)

Margaret Mifsud said...

This is amazing!! Awesome texture and I love the quote. Am checking out the tute soon as I'm done here. xx