Monday 28 December 2015

Falmouth Christmas - Studio 75 Winter Morning Collection






Hi Everyone!  Finally I've got a few minutes on my son's computer -
using my husband's ipad as a hotspot!!  For some unknown reason
it refuses to recognise my laptop which is quite a problem as it means
to get online I must log out of my son's Google account & into mine!


We are away on vacation & we have NO WIFI!!!  That may sound
unbelievable to you but it is TRUE sadly!!  The place where we 
are staying has no wifi - and this is a common thing in Africa!
Hence I am not posting a lot at the moment {I did manage
to preschedule one post before we left!}


SO A VERY MERRY BELATED CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!
I created this layout for Studio 75 HERE - you can see my blogpost 
there for all the links to the store & the papers I've used.  It's my last
 post on the Studio 75 blog as my DT term of 6 months has ended &, 
although I was invited back for a new term, I have decided to reduce
 the number of Design Teams I am on in 2016.  Due to our attempt to
 move to the UK & start a new life, having no idea what free time I will have!


I didn't have time to create this project before I left on vacation so I had to plan
my page & take with me the necessary supplies I needed to create it - AND
I had to create it on the floor of our apartment!  It was pretty uncomfortable
working like this but I'm happy I was able to do it & I love the way it turned out!


I enjoyed creating slowly for a change (like slow cooking...) inking up the edges,
stamping & generally going "old school"  - & think this layout will make a good
 base for a teaching page as it is quite an unusual composition with various
 different techniques to share.  I do hope I will have the time & opportunity to
 teach classes in the UK.  I taught a big class here in Cape Town & loved it!!


I did a lot of fussy cutting on this page as well as tearing, which I always love,
& used the beautiful matching Studio 75 ribbon to create a double bow.  


The base paper I used was from the Yummy Collection, while all the rest were from
the Winter Morning Collection.  It started out as cream, but I recoloured it by misting
with Prima Color Bloom Sprays & water, then stamped with a chicken wire stamp
from Crafty Individuals in the UK & a flower stamp from Faber Castell. 


My alphas are from Tim Holtz for Ranger & my flowers are from Prima - Royal 
Menagerie Collection.  I also used some white doilies & some dyed cheesecloth.  


I muted my embellishments with white acrylic paint for a colder, more frosty look.  


The photo was taken during our overseas holiday, at Falmouth Harbour, 
where we were VERY COLD!!  We have never experienced really cold
temperatures before so it will be a whole new experience for us when
we move & no doubt will involve a whole new wardrobe eventually too!!


Thanks so much for stopping by here today!
I really appreciate it!!  I wish I could get online more easily here
but it really is virtually impossible & as we haven't been away all
year I am just trying to embrace the situation & enjoy some family time :)
I do have another project to share so will try to do that sometime soon too!!







7 comments:

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

Beautiful work helen, love these colors, such a sweet and stunning page!

Lizzy Hill said...

This is stunning! I think you should create on the floor more often!!! Love those colour tones and the whole composition is just so lovely. Glad you're enjoying your holiday....& no wifi means a bit of a break from being always available - so I hope you ENJOY that!!

Lizzyc said...

Merry Christmas and I wish you all the best with your plans for 2016 too.. this looks wonderful.. love the colors together and the bow is just perfect there.. take care.. may your plans all work out the way you want them too..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and that bow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful page, Helen! Your family is so very lovely and the kids seem very close to each other - which is wonderful! Sounds like everyone is having a wonderful time! Wow - no wifi!! Hope you have an amazing New Years Eve!

Mitralee said...

Having scrapbooked in various odd places, it's a nice memory to look back at a page and remember doing it while on holiday or camping or at the beach...Such a feeling of accomplishment! Love that double ribbon quite a lot and the color scheme! And being cold is well, I always remind myself that it burns more calories that being warm...I have wondered how you will like that part of moving! Up north I ended up fake baking once in a while to make up for the sunshine and the heat. ;-) I am sure you will come up with more benefits though that far outweigh weather! Huge hugs from NY where we are the cusp of a winter storm...will be our first snow of the winter, so can't complain!

Elaine coustley said...

Just having a moment to catch up on your blog Just so love this layout x