Tuesday 1 December 2015

Friends for Life Layout - Scrap Around The World
December Challenge






This month is the final challenge at Scrap Around The World - my own challenge site - 
started in May 2013.  Hop on over to the blog to read more about it HERE - I've given
 a very brief explanation but I'll be sharing more here very soon so that it is easier for 
you all to understand why on earth I would have to do such a thing when things
are going so great over there!  But ending on a high is the best way too I think!!

It's SO sad to say goodbye but you can do anything in life but not everything!


I loved the clean, sophisticated look of this mood board so went with a white 
background & kept it light & bright, adding some pale stencilling inspired by
 the champagne glasses (thinking champagne bubbles...} & a light 
spattering of black inspired by the pomegranate seeds.  


Oh & of course some GOLD!!!  I am gold crazeeey right now!!


I have only used cardstock on this page - no pattern paper.I misted it all in advance
 before cutting & punching.  This is a great way to play with mists yet keep
 your project "clean" & warp free - "Light" mixed media!


This page is a tribute to my daughter's best friend Karryn.  My poor girl has had 
some very bad experiences with people in her 22 short years but Karryn has
 proved herself a good & true friend since they became besties 7 years ago.  


The macaroons inspired my circular embellishments & the skeleton leaf was
 inspired by the leafy design around the sentiment on the mood board.  


I hope you will join us this month & play along with our FINAL challenge!
We have 22 {yes TWENTY TWO} prizes to entice you to play along in our 
GRAND FINALE CHALLENGE!!


I will be back tomorrow to share all those wonderful prizes with you!!



7 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Wonderful, fun page....bright pops of colour....just brill! So, onwards and upwards, eh? Only way to go!!! Can't wait to hear your future plans:)

Kathy Bradley said...

Gorgeous page and design! I love the pretty colors and wonderful photo of your daughter and her best friend.

Unknown said...

Love these beautiful, fun filled pictures and that glorious background!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the fun colors and photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love how you create your own backgrounds...and that you have shown us that you don't always need patterned papers. A gorgeous clean layout ♥

Mitralee said...

Rock star page! Love love love all the splatters and I am too gold crazy! I really dig this page and that photo! So sorry it's time to end SATW, but I understand completely and think that this new GIG will have it's own challenges and highlights! HUGS from NY!

Unknown said...

What a fun layout. I love the colors. And these girls are so pretty.